Congratulations, you now own your website! If you’re reading this, you’re probably curious on how best to put your website out there and attract more visitors without having to sweat about it. You’ve come to the right place.
First things first, you have to realize that your site has to benefit from natural search results for any progress to be made.
Search could be Organic or PPC (Pay Per Click).
Organic Search occurs mostly naturally in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS) and almost always depends on technical construction of site and content.
PPC is as the name goes, “Pay Per Click”. People sometimes refer to them as “Pop-ups” as they appear much quicker on the SERP than an Organic Search. However, it most certainly has the downside of being untrustworthy and the cause of bad user experience for many. Web users will most likely click because they have to, and not because they genuinely want to.
So… Careful on that.
Since the Search Engine relies on more than 200 factors to decide results it shows for a search, let’s try to get you up there somewhere soon enough with the following steps!
1. Take the Website’s User Experience to another level: From an SEM survey taken, it was noticed that four factors greatly determine a site’s ranking as it relates to web user experience; visits to website, time spent on sites, pages per session and bounce rate. You’d need people to stay longer devouring your content and acting on your CTAs so why not put in the work and give them better content to keep them coming back? Keep that content updated too because people always need fresh information on time too.
2. Always Use the Appropriate Keywords for your objectives: It’s wise to do a keyword search relevant to your target audience. This helps you to create appealing copy as though you were on an advertising/marketing spree and helps your website rank when a search is made.
3. Dutifully Translate All Raw Video Content to Text: Unfortunately, Search engine spiders do not recognize video content as quickly as Text. Make sure that the video is converted right after to text form.
4. Your Search Engine Values An “Actual Link” over a “Click Here”: Use relevant links while developing your content. Clearly state the full title of the destination. Descriptive links are a plus as a result of the huge boost it gives the SEO and your website visitors in general. Don’t forget to fortify your Backlinks!
5. Maximise Accessibility: Make use of a Sitemap file (sitemap.xml), listing all the categories of content you offer and how often you get it updated. Check out Webmasters webpage and drop this valuable information with Google right away!
6. Create static versions of your page where possible: Even though your Search Engine can handle dynamic pages, a text version makes it easy to figure out what sort of content your website should be known for predominantly. This applies for CMS like WordPress.
7. Use Permalinks: Always permalinks instead of an address which ends with something that has a “punctuation mark”. Give the crawler more scraps of data to boost your chances in search results.
Something which you’d also like to do is to access your current ranking to help you know where you stand.
It’s safe to say that you’ll need a lot of resourcefulness,dedication,creativity and persistence as Google’s algorithm is constantly changing. It’ll pay soon.